The Crisis Counselor will provide immediate psychological support to victims of domestic violence who arrive to the center in distress. This position may assist in the supervision of student interns in the provision of services. He/she will assist with supporting case management with other clients of One Place as part of the case management team. He/she will collaborate and work closely with One Place partner organizations to provide a coordination of services.HOURS
Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; may require working outside regular business hours; nights, weekends and holidays
Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field, License preferred.
- Two years of post-graduate experience.
- Completion of VSC 40+ hour Sexual Assault Counselor/Victim Advocate training.
- Maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license, reliable transportation, adequate auto insurance as required by State law.
- Pass required background check.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and experience in counseling with victims of violent crimes.
- Knowledge of and experience in the field of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling to meet the needs and schedules of victims.
- Ability to maintain clear, sufficient case notes on all clients.
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to provide education and training in formal and informal settings.
- Knowledge and skills in program planning, development, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of program and Code of Conduct, Ethics and HIPPA compliance regulations regarding Release of Information and protection of clients and staff member's confidentiality.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to inspire and motivate participants and help them overcome barriers. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
For a complete job description, visit: www.indeed.com
Starting salary: From $40,000.00 per year