Position Title: Accountant
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm;
Salary: Starting salary-$55,000;plus,healthcare and leave and holiday benefits
Work Site: One Place Family Justice Center, 530 S. Lawrence Street
Summary: The Accountant analyzes everyday financial activities and provides advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. This position provides oversight of fiscal management policies and procedures, and financial assistance to the One Place Executive Director and others as assigned. This Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial records, processing receipt and disbursement transactions, processing invoices and preparing an annual budget and cost allocation plan.
Major Duties and Tasks
- Incorporate and comply with the Fiscal Management Policies and Procedures as it pertains to daily functions and activities.
- Provide accurate financial reports and information.
- Assist in maintaining accurate accounting records of revenues, expenses, i.e., budget to actual for various funding sources.
- Follow up on outstanding receivables to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Process purchases approved by funding sources and Executive Director or designee.
- Maintain agency equipment and office supplies.
- Manage all requisitions/purchase orders, place orders and verify receipt of purchases.
- Code all invoices for payment according to funding source. Process coded invoices for payment.
- Maintain paid invoice files for each grant or funding source as required by grant guidelines.
- Maintain a current inventory and disposition list of agency equipment, furniture, and IT resources.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of financial reports, records and other documentation.
- Verify accuracy of employee time sheets and maintain accrued leave balances.
- Review payroll filings prepared by accounting services.
- Prepare reimbursement reports and budgets for various funding sources and check for accuracy.
- Prepare financial reports for funding sources as needed.
- Prepare bank deposits; and process according to fiscal management policies.
- Upload all financial documents to accounting services in a timely manner as required.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statement.
- Provide donor correspondences.
- Meet monthly with Executive Director to review financial statements.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by Executive Director or designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Two years of experience in non-profit accounting and fund accounting preferred, or 5 years’ accounting experience
- Grants experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills in current Microsoft applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, and the ability to learn new accounting software systems
- Proficient written and oral communication with the demonstrated ability to write for a specialized audience
- Ability to forecast One Place’s future financial needs and structure financial operations accordingly
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or designee
- Local travel as needed; reliable transportation and liability insurance coverage is required
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com , Attn: Personnel Dept until filled.