Position Title: Case Manager
Reports To: Lead Case Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; may require working outside regular business hours; nights; weekends and/or holidays
Work Site: One Place Family Justice Center 530 S. Lawrence Street Montgomery, AL
Summary: Provide comprehensive victim advocacy and case management services to clients of domestic/dating violence, stalking, human trafficking, sexual assault, elder and child abuse.
Major Tasks and Duties:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide comprehensive case management services to include advocacy, referral and information, and follow-up to clients of domestic/dating violence, stalking, human trafficking, sexual assault, elder and child abuse.
- Establish personal rapport with clients while thoroughly assessing for crisis intervention, safety planning, emergency food, shelter, clothing, transportation and emergency legal services and criminal justice assistance.
- Educate clients about available services and related program guidelines
- Maintain client and operational confidentiality
- Work with clients to assess the impact of the crime and assist in the management of practical problems created by the victimization
- Maintain case records by documenting client activity and actions
- Monitor progress of client goals by initial follow up
- Coordinate with other FJC partners and staff to ensure client receive appropriate services in accordance with his/her wishes.
- Attends applicable meetings and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience in the field of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or antitrafficking.
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to provide education and training in formal and informal settings.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to inspire and motivate participants and help them overcome barriers. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain clear, sufficient case notes on all clients.
- Familiarity with an ethnically/socially diverse community, and a variety of mentoring concepts and techniques.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours and days to meet the needs of this position.
- Ability to work well with a diverse population.
Case Manager Job Description - Updated 2/25/2022
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services or related field. Master's degree preferred. Work experience may substitute required education on a year-by-year basis.
- Minimum of two years related work experience providing case management or related supportive services.
- Maintain a valid Alabama driver's license, reliable transportation, adequate auto insurance as required by State law.
- Pass required background check.