ONE PLACE FAMILY JUSTICE CENTER COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; may require working outside regular business hours; nights, weekends and/or holidays
Salary: $40,000 per year; plus, healthcare allowance and mileage reimbursement
Work Site: One Place Family Justice Center | 530 S. Lawrence St. | Montgomery, AL
Service Area: Autauga, Butler, Chilton, Crenshaw, Elmore, Lowndes and Montgomery Counties in Alabama One Place reserves the right to increase coverage area.
Client Base: Victims current/or past of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, human trafficking and elder abuse.
Summary: The Community Outreach Coordinator will provide information on the services offered by One Place to victims and/or potential victims, law enforcement, the courts, first responders, other service agencies and the community throughout a seven-county region (the Service Area) in central Alabama.
- 1. Act as an expert resource and spokesperson for One Place;
- 2. Assist in identifying and recruiting victims of domestic, dating and sexual violence; stalking; human trafficking and elder abuse who have not yet been seen, but who have been victimized within the past year and need assistance to regain their independence from the Service Area;
- 3. Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and performing public presentations and outreach activities including presentations to diverse audiences, law enforcement agencies and first responders, courts, hospitals, the Department of Human Resources and all those who may encounter victims of these crimes; presentations may also be made to professionals, students and the general community in the Service Area;
- 4. Plan, attend, participate, setup, organize, coordinate, staff, etc. event informational booths in the Service Area to provide information and increase awareness of One Place Family Justice Center’s Mission, Service Area and services to One Place’s Client Base and others;
- 5. Participate in community events as representative of One Place to strengthen the presence of One Place as a service provider to victims;
- 6. Assist with and/or write a regional outreach plan for assigned Service Area and Client Base audience, regularly update outreach plan in coordination with Executive Director and or grant related goals and objectives;
- 7. Create and maintain a regional calendar of events, hosting agency, contact person, contact data, booth rental fees, events dates, etc. for targeted educational, awareness opportunities for One Place;
- 8. Work with the Executive Director and Project Coordinator to build relationships with members of the Board of Directors
- 9. Cultivate and maintain relationships with partner agencies, law enforcement, first responders, other service agencies, community representatives, victims, etc.
- 10. Identify and work with existing and potential referral sources to identify and expand appropriate referrals to One Place clients;
- 11. Track and record outreach activities using MS Excel;
- 12. Coordinate with agencies who may encounter victims in these specific areas; i.e. law enforcement, hospitals, first responders and the community to attract victims to the services at One Place;
- 13. Leverage the use of technology and social media platforms to enhance awareness of One Place;
- 14. Ensure implementation of quality and timely community educational presentations in accordance with grant objectives; current and/or future;
- 15. Plan, coordinate, assist, and/or implement appropriate Awareness Month events for domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, human trafficking and elder abuse national awareness month campaigns to increase awareness of One Place and its services;
- 16. Schedule and plan initial and ongoing internal training sessions for project staff relevant to project goals and objectives;
- 17. Aid the Executive Director and Project Coordinator in fundraisers that bring awareness to One Place;
- 18. Utilize and work with volunteers/interns, when needed, to assist with program functions;
- 19. Follow all contract/grant guidelines for the program, collect monthly statistical data and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to Project Coordinator and/or Executive Director;
- 20. Attend and participate in various Task Force meetings, regional trainings, as directed;
- 21. Provide monthly written reports to Executive Director.
- 22. Perform other duties as required by the Executive Director;
Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, education or related field with extensive experience conducting presentations or in public speaking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- · Exhibits excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- · Ability to work independently and cohesively with a diverse group of individuals;
- · Ability to identify and use community resources;
- · Ability to focus and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- · Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies and to be cooperative in managing relationships;
- · Makes good use of time and acts professionally and responsibly in all work areas;
- · Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills;
- · Strong computer skills in current Microsoft applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, and Publisher;
- · Marketing experience preferred.
- · Travel, throughout Service Area, conducting agency business using personal vehicle; mileage reimbursement provided
- · Reliable car, valid Alabama driver's license and automobile insurance required.
- · Ability to attend local meetings and trainings.
- · Ability to work outside regular business hours, nights, weekends and/or holidays
- · Pass required background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
One Place Family Justice Center is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.